Saturday, June 26, 2010

be prepared

the bookmarks tab on my browser has never seen so many lovely pages, full of creative bits and doodads to create for my tiny bundle of joy growing safely in my growing belly.

i have always been addicted to crafts, among most art related things, and many christmas seasons i have spent hours making by hand the gifts i would share with my loved ones. so, putting that energy to new light, i am planning to begin feathering our nest with handloved items. my cherished boyfriend and loving daddy-yo-be has been in overdrive with plans and projects to renovate our little home in time for our wee one's arrival (only four months to go!), so many free moments are spent picking out paint colors and dreaming up ways to brighten up our nest. our hallway was the first to see fresh paint, and it's light mint color just brings new inspirations for the rest of the rooms in our home.

i have many inspirations to assist in the plans for what i will handlove and create, but truth be told i am a newbie to the use of a sewing machine. with two in tow, an antique from my great grandmother and a brand new one still in the box, i am preparing for my adventures in sewing soon. my knitting has taken a back seat, though i still plan to learn some new and adorable patterns for this wee one to be wearing...someday. the colors this itty bitty will be in? well we will know on thursday as long as this kicking and rolling mini ninja cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment