Thursday, November 18, 2010

for the grand finale


we've reached 42 weeks and there has been no real action made by our wee wren to move out of his cozy home in my belly and greet us on the outside. but worry not! we are concluding this pregnancy today -- in one hour to be exact. at 5:00 a.m. this morning i am to be induced. my doctor was waiting hopefully for me to start labor on my own, but, after much effort via walking and other various suggestions on how to get labor going, i never managed more than sporadic contractions. thus brings us to today and the grand finale for this momma. i have been awake since 11:00 p.m. in anticipation for what's to come. trying my hardest to sleep, i achieved nothing more than a head full of thoughts. the thing that's been amazing to me is how completely calm i've felt about this whole thing. even as the weeks counted down into days and now mere hours until our baby's arrival, i find that i have yet to feel nervous. i am so excited to meet our little boy that i am sure it's that the reality hasn't struck me yet.. but once i am told 'push!' it will become much more real for me. it's just very difficult to believe that this day has finally arrived and that i will be a mother. i have thought about this day for years and wondered what it would be like and the day has finally arrived. a family of my very own, of what more could i dream? a nest to feather with all of the love two wrens can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment